Monday, December 3, 2012

Churros, and Chocolate, and Picasso....Oh My!!!

Yum.






The "traditional" breakfast in Spain is not biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, or a bagel with cream cheese. No...it's a crispy fried dough called a churro that you can dip in a steamy cup of hot chocolate. The girls don't seem to mind a bit--although in this picture, Aria seems to be wondering what she'll have to do to her sister to get her hands on Isabelle's share.

Having some fun at Plaza Mayor during the Christmas market. Apparently the Spanish are more into nativity scenes than Christmas trees, so they had lots of nativity options. There were also plenty of booths selling squares of moss as the base for the nativity scenes, plenty of festive greenery, and I even got to steal a kiss from my girls under some mistletoe.

Visiting the Royal Palace in Madrid. I'm not usually one to enjoy palace tours, but this place was impressive, and I was oh so sad to be unable to take pictures inside. 



Isabelle, getting her fill of Picasso and Dali at the Reina Sofia.


I couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance between Tom and good ol' Sal...

No comments: