Thursday, November 29, 2012

Weeeee're off to see the wizard!!!

How much have my babies grown that they can navigate airports and metros all while lugging all of their own luggage and looking super cute doing it?? (We'll leave out the part where Isabelle dangerously scrambled up the down escalator on her hands and knees while trying to recover her suitcase that she'd dropped. Don't worry, mom...it turned out just fine except for yet another pair of ruined white leggings.) Oh, and there are very real reasons why "they" recommend traveling with backpacks instead of wheeled luggage in Europe. We won't go into that so much, as I'm trying to paint a pretty European fresco in my European narrative here...

So, here we are on the first leg of our month-long adventure. I got a good kick in the pants this year on the whole seize-the-day philosophy and decided to seize my children while we're all still bright-eyed, healthy, and tolerant of each other and make the trek across the big, blue pond.
No, we're not rich. No, we've not come into an inheritance. No, we've not forfeited college funds...okay, well, that one may be accurate. We've worked the better part of this year building up points and miles to "pay" for this extravagance. And...here we are! In the hotel in Madrid. Me blogging (what?? Blogging?!?!?!?!) while my children sleep in their beds and my Tom figures his technological needs for working remotely for the next two weeks.
Carpe diem!! Wait...I'm in Spain and should probably figure out how to say that locally...or I can just say that I'm preparing for the last bit of our trip in Rome. Italy!! Or I could just gather up the fam and head out for some paella. Yeah, baby!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look how cute they are. I am glad that you guys made it safe and in one piece. Who needs white tights anyway. Wish I could have been there to see Isabelle and her great escalator adventure. Have fun today and I can't wait for the next blog. xoxoxoxo

Angel said...

In your down time abroad, add an email subscription button to your blog so I can get your posts old school. :)

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm going to live vicariously through your European adventure! We also <3 the miles, it was the only way we got to the UK in 2008!

Erin said...

How fun!!! Love the comment about Rome, Italy, ha ha... lest anyone get confused and think maybe you are heading towards Rome, GA! Have a great trip!